Date and Time:
Monday, August 26th, 2013, 1 PM – 2:30 PM
Playa Info
Contact Email:


You must apply for a health permit & be inspected if: *You will be cooking/serving food to groups of more than 125 CAMPERS on a consistent basis. (If you have a communal kitchen shared by >125 or more but meals are prepared individually or in smaller quantities for <125 persons a permit is not required but we recommend you research and review food safety starting with the NSHD info). *You wish to share,cook or serve food or non-alcoholic beverages to the general population (gifting food). Permit procedures & deadlines: If you have already applied for a permit you should receive instructions in the mail. If you are planning to gift food/drinks to the public on the playa including fresh squeezed juice, coffee with dairy or even snow cones you need a permit. Here's the scoop from Cindy Ulch, Supervisor with the NSHD Environmental Health Program: The only application any camp needs is the "Food Permit Application for Burning Man" found here: http://health.nv.gov/BFHS_EHS.htm Find the flame icon at the bottom of the website for the application & food safety information. DEADLINES: Via Mail: MUST BE received no later than FRI. AUG.16th in Ellen Kunz's office at: NSHD 475 West Haskell Street Ste 38, Winnemucca, NV 89445. In person: No later than THUR. AUG.22nd - 4150 Technology Way Ste 100, Carson City, NV. or 475 West Haskell Street Ste 38 Winnemucca, NV. On the application, the event coordinator is "Burning Man". Include USD payment. Pick up permits at Playa Info in Center Camp during the following days & hours: Sun. Aug. 25th to Fri. Aug. 30th from 1:00PM to 2:30PM We do this to get an accurate camp location from which to do inspections. WE are NOT issuing new permits at Playa Info. IMPORTANT: LAST YEAR SOME CAMPS DID NOT COMPLETE THE PERMIT PROCESS BY GETTING THEIR PERMIT AT PLAYA INFO & BEING INSPECTED.DON'T BE SHUT DOWN.PICK UP YOUR PERMIT & BE INSPECTED. QUESTIONS:call(775)623-6588 OR email